Sure, we’re looking for an all-star player who can take this role by the horns and run with it. But talent alone doesn’t cut it for us.
Our actions are guided by our values of Respect, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork and Fun. These aren’t just words to us but are values we push ourselves to work by and inspire in others.
We’re a passionate group of hard-working people, obsessive about sales and service.
We know nothing matters more than a happy customer and that saying “that’s not my job” gets us nowhere.
We know how fun it feels to win, and love pushing ourselves towards that rush.
As a leading sporting goods company with 45+ years of success under our belts, we’re firing on all cylinders to take our company to the next level, in partnership with the world-class brands we represent.
The good news? YOU could be a part of it.
This job can be based in either our Toronto or Montreal office, with the ability to work remotely. You will be directly responsible for handling all key accounts and independent specialty accounts for our tennis division, which includes Dunlop (Tennis, Squash & Badminton) and Nike (Tennis Footwear, Apparel and Accessories). You will also have complete management for our Tennis sales team.
- Drive Sales Growth & Profitability
- In partnership with a talented team of sales reps, deliver outstanding results as measured by sales growth, new accounts, profitability, re-orders and sell-through.
- Develop and manage the annual sales budget for our tennis division, including unit, revenue and gross profit forecasts by product and retail channel. Set sales targets by rep and manage reps relative to these targets.
- Develop and implement business strategies to achieve divisional sales goals.
- Drive the expansion of our tennis distribution, with new customers who align with the elevated standards and store experience of the tennis brands we represent.
- Elevate our B2B customer service efforts, with regular check-in calls to key customers and ongoing support for the reps.
- Lead our efforts with major accounts, including FGL (Nike & Dunlop), Walmart (Dunlop only) and Canadian Tire (Dunlop only), strengthening our relationship with them in ways that allow us to reinforce our category leadership and profitably build our business.
- Sales Leadership
- Provide leadership and management of our Tennis sales force by recruiting, coaching, motivating and supporting a Tier-1 team of Tennis-specialty sales agents.
- Actively travel with reps to identify strengths and weaknesses and develop sales and strategic skills in line with company objectives.
- Define and oversee incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Develop the right processes and reporting disciplines to support the success of the sales team.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team.
Other Things You’ll Do:
- Embody our Mint Green core values and commit to the ambitious goals we’ve set for ourselves.
- Bring leadership, positive energy, direction and experience to our team.
- Represent Mint Green in its best light in every interaction and opportunity. From customers, to suppliers, to brand partners, to the pizza delivery guy and the nighttime cleaning crew. Our MGG values represent a mindset, and you’ll need to model it.
Who You Are and What You’ve Already Done:
- You are a tennis player and tennis market specialist, with in depth knowledge of the pros, brands, products and retailers that drive the tennis business in Canada.
- You are known as a builder – a charismatic go-getter who loves finding new opportunities and building something as a team.
- You bring self-starter energy, a healthy mix of scrappiness and professionalism and high standards to your work.
- You are a tech-savvy individual with experience that makes you credible to our team and are a fit with our brand culture.
- You are a strong communicator who is ambitious, hardworking and independent
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- You have a minimum of 10 years of leadership experience working in sales or a related, retail-based position, with at least 3 of those years working in tennis.
- You have demonstrated the ability to drive responsible, profitable, topline sales growth and execute strategic sales and brand initiatives within the marketplace.
- You have a track record of strong departmental leadership and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
To apply send your cover letter and CV through the “Apply Now” button below.