Mint Green Group – Logistics & Supply Chain Manager
This job reports to our VP of Merchandising and is based in Pointe-Claire, QC.
Essential Functions (but not limited to):
- Oversees logistics and customs clearance of all Global shipments (containers, LTL, FTL) imported into Canada.
- Coordinate pick up and deliveries for all inbound shipments into Canada.
- Communicate and coordinate with carriers to obtain quotes and drive consolidation, when necessary
- Research and identify viable vendors and facilitate contractual relationships with preferred vendors. Solicit, collect, and analyze multiple bids, when required.
- Review and approve freight and brokerage invoices for Air and Ocean shipments.
- Oversee accuracy of customs paperwork. Determine proper tariff classification, dutiable values and applicable duties and fees for products imported into Canada.
- Keep informed and up-to-date on any Canadian Customs & Border Service laws and regulations for compliance and accuracy
- Support the audit of documentation for compliance and accuracy.
- Maintain necessary documentation to provide necessary audit trail of each procured item, from purchase to receipt.
- Maintain and finalize files with all billing charges.
- Utilize internal systems to support the tracking of budgets and the accurate collection of costs.
- Work in a team internally with Product Line Managers, Operations, Distribution Centers, eCommerce, Customer Service, Sales, Production and Finance, and externally with Carriers and Custom brokers
- Track all procurements throughout the ordering process, contacting vendors for procurement status to be able to provide current status and estimated arrival dates for items procured.
- Ensures vendors meet all requirements on quality and compliance standards.
- Support sales through coordination of incoming supply versus demand.
- Inform internal departments of any customs clearance and delivery issues and/or delays that may impact customer order deliveries.
- Generate and submit all Purchase Orders to Vendors for all inbound deliveries and perform all other data entry into system as required.
- Update Purchase Orders and any other internal tracking databases with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Coordinate product delivery schedule according to products go-to-market calendar.
- Generate ASNs /In transit reports for all inbound shipments.
- Support Operations and Customer Service with tracking and exception management of shipments.
- Organize paperwork and coordinate pick up for international outbound shipments.
- Help Interface with vendors to deal with product defects, damage during shipment, or other necessary product returns.
Other Things You’ll Get To Do:
- Embody our Mint Green core values and commit to the ambitious goals we’ve set for ourselves.
- Bring leadership, positive energy, direction and experience to our team.
- Represent Mint Green in its best light in every interaction and opportunity. From customers, to suppliers, to brand partners, to the pizza delivery guy and the nighttime cleaning crew. Our MGG values represent a mindset, and you’ll get to model it.
Who You Are and What You’ve Already Done:
- Minimum 5+ years related progressive work experience and/or training in Procurement and Supply Chain.
- Understanding modes of transportation, cost, and geography.
- Able to understand, interpret, and analyze carrier tariffs.
- Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Manages timelines, prioritizes work activities, and deals effectively with pressure.
- Proficient in ERP and WMS functionalities.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a part of our team?