Mint Green Group – Warehouse Packers
This job reports to our Shipping & Receiving Coordinator and is based in Pointe-Claire, QC.
This job starts at $16.00/hr for dayshift and $17.50/hr for evening shift.
Position Summary: This job will focus on packing and shipping packages both effectively and efficiently. It will be imperative to maintain speed while ensuring that all products associated with the sales order are packed correctly and safely. A packer will be responsible for shipping the sales order according to the guidelines which the Warehouse Management System (WMS) has outlined while also verifying the correct box size and weight.
Essential functions: The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Measuring, weighing cartons and counting products associated with sales order verifying pack slip).
- Applying appropriate content labels (SPS Commerce).
- Shipping all conveyor packages – knowledge of UPS, Canada Post, FedEx.
- Opportunity to learn different software as well as become skilled in different departments.
Preferred Requirements for this position:
- Good communication, strong reading skills, as well as comprehension.
- The ability to troubleshoot minor issues and ask questions about larger problems.
- Strong team member (ability to work well with others and change tasks to help the team).
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English.
- Prior experience in a distribution, warehouse, or other inventory handling environment would be an asset.